There are those who consider fasting as a preventive measure against disease and there are those who waited until they have gotten sick to start fasting. So, I can group these People into two categories: those who fast to prevent sickness and those who fast because they have gotten sick or a health crisis. We have tow sets of people, those who must fast and those who may fast.
The preventive fast is a precaution for diseases that may take hold to our bodies. Fasting may be an alternative to successfully heal that illness. In a way, the preventive fast is to avoid certain pain suffering conditions and for diseases that are not yet recognizable for which we may fast. The second is the must fast situation, which is to rid off undesirable health conditions after an illness have affected our health.
The once a year spring-cleaning is a preventive fast for detoxing, flushing, and cleansing the body of its impurities, the unrecognizable susceptible of diseases.
Fasting is nature's best healing mechanism; it allows the organism to implement its natural healing fundamentals. Have you realized "when your body is not at ease it has a tendency to loss its appetite," Dick Gregory. This is an example that fasting is nature's natural healing principle of self-healing.
Fasting benefits have the profound ability to remove build up accumulated wastes. In most cases those impurities are the foundation of a host of diseases, you may fast as a preventive measure to prevent getting sick. You may also fast if you are suffering from any of the following pain stricken illnesses. You will gain tremendous health rejuvenation from fasting as follows.
- Fasting can help disorder of the metabolism, chronic underweight and obesity, rheumatism in the muscles and joints, diabetes before it get too advance, and sciatica.
- Diseases of the heart, blood vessels circulation, as for coronary thrombosis, low or high blood pressure, and blood stream congestion and lymphatic system are health benefits from fasting. Fast for hot flushes, plethora, beginning cases of arteriosclerosis, after effects of phlebitis or thrombosis, and aging.
- Fast for blood changes due to nicotine, alcohol, arsenic, mercury, sleeping pills, and prescription drugs, during the early effects or not yet advance in stages. The preventive fast can help with diseases due to blood changes that can cause chronic inflammation or tonsils suppuration in middle ear.
- Fasting will benefit skins diseases such as eczema, nettle rash, sensitive skins, acne, and boils.
- Fasting helps diseases of the digestive organs, bowels and catarrh of the stomach, liver, gall bladder diseases, and constipation.
- Such diseases of the respiratory organs, throat, chest, bronchial asthma, and pneumonia are benefited from fasting.
- Menopausal symptoms, chronic inflammation of the womb, benign tumors of female sex organs, Fallopian tube and ovary, and menstrual flow regularity are all benefited from fasting.
- Kidney and bladder diseases, like nephritis, vesical, pyelitis, and renal calculus are helpful from fasting.
- Fasting is helpful for nervous complaints like exhaustion, migraine, recurring headache, neuralgia, insomnia, depression, and neuritis.
The health benefits of fasting are astronomical. Not only it is a useful spiritual tool in many sacred religious text, fasting is universal, meaning It does not change no matter where you are, go, or live. In China, India, America or Africa fasting endures. Fasting is obsolete; it is one of the 7 laws to good health along side of fresh air, clean water, fresh food, adequate sunlight, physical activities, and resting the body.
Fasting is abstinence from food, it is a way of following the rhythm of Mother Nature: "A time to take, a time to give, and a time to receive," Dr. Afrika. "Practice abstinence for your health, your well-being, and your days will be numbered,” Hippocrates. The universal healer within, go heal your self, fasting.
Sources: The Fasting Premier by Dr. Alvenia Fulton, Dr. Sebi Mucus Flus Speech, and Dick Gregory Natural Diet